What is FHE kindergarten?
It is an FHE (fully homomorphic encryption) reading group for beginners.
- The motivation for this kindergarten is me wanting to learn more about FHE. I’m also a newbie, this is a study group without a teacher. If people who know more about FHE want to help us, it is great (please do), but let’s not count on it
- We will not be covering general cryptography questions; a certain level of cryptography knowledge is assumed (but not required)
- For everyone who wants to know more about FHE but doesn’t want to dig in, I’ll try to post an overview after each call. I make no promises though!
The call is tentatively scheduled for every (might change to every other) Thursday 4pm CEST, starting on August 17th. We will be using Google Meet for calls. If you want to join, DM me with your e-mail and a couple of words about yourself (to understand your background).
For each meeting there will be a forum post, there you can find the reading materials to prepare for the meeting and ask questions. Note that reading the prepared materials is required for participation in calls.
The resources for each meeting are picked from the reading list. If you have an article/paper/book/project in mind that might be interesting to look at, drop a link in the reading list post.
I think it makes sense to have 2 chapters:
- pre-FHE/HE; HE projects
- FHE; FHE projects
I believe it makes sense to start with pre-FHE/HE for two reasons:
- it is a natural precursor of FHE techniques
- it is simpler, faster, and being used. Understanding HE well might allow us to not depend on FHE to achieve privacy goals for Anoma
Looking forward to study together!